Seattle Trip

Well it’s done – I ran the marathon and had a great time in Seattle with Dave.  We left Saturday morning and made it there around noon.  It’s only about 3 hours away and it’s a beautiful drive.  We first went to the Westin and I got my marathon chip and goody bag.  Marathon goody bags are pretty funny including the fun size balsamic vinegar and oil:)  I got an awesome dry fit shirt too.  Well worth the price I paid for the marathon.  We then set off to tour the city.  First we went to the Public Market and walked around.  I love this market complete with all of the amazing fish and unique assortment of things people sell.  We were lured in by these Russian pastries – we got ours filled with potatoes, onions, and cheese.  So good – the Seagulls thought so too:)  We then walked some more and got some Clam Chowder – Dave got Salmon Chowder.  It was seriously some of the best Chowder I have had and so fresh…..right off the boat.  We then walked back to the car and drove to Capitol Hill.  Dave had a friend recommend this place called Unicorn.  It’s a bar/restaurant and it’s circus themed.  It was hilarious complete with animal heads mounted on the walls and monkeys.  They also serve an elaborate amount of different types of corn dogs.  So funny.  We didn’t get any but I did have an awesome grape juice…:)  We drove some more and found out we were really close to the bench that Kurt Cobain sat on before he died so we went and saw it.  Ironically I ran right past it the next day.  It was then off to our hotel the Mediterran Inn.  It had this really cool rooftop deck that we were able to take some amazing pictures of the city.  We then went to dinner at Pesos Lounge and Kitchen.  A friend of ours recommended it as having awesome Mexican Food.  It was amazing.  I had Portobello Tacos and Dave had fish tacos….made my mouth water.  The place was definitely where all the beautiful people went – a total date night spot:)  It was back to the hotel again – but first we had to do a night time view on the rooftop deck.  I got up bright and early to run the marathon.  It was a really tough race.  I started with the 3:10 pace group.  I knew I was in trouble when I did a 6:49 mile and the hills didn’t stop.  I went up one hill that went straight up.  I am still pretty happy with how I did – a 3:21 time and I was either 18th overall in the women or 21st – I am seeing two different results:)  Either way it was a good race and made me realize I need to do some more hill training, but that I need to run another marathon – I am not giving up on a 3:10 marathon.  I did stay with that pace group for the first 10 miles and I ran with the 2nd place woman for awhile.  It was great to finish and then Dave and I went to the Seattle Seahawks football game.  It was my first ever NFL game and it was a great stadium.  Aside from some annoying drunk fans in front of us and behind us it was still fun.  The Seahawks lost but it was still a great game.   I am now sitting at home now after taking a sick day because I can barely walk right now.  My goal is to grocery shop and take a walk at some point in the day….we’ll see:)  Overall it was a great trip and my favorite part of the marathon was seeing Dave cheering for me at the end……it makes my whole race to see him cheer me on:)  He is so supportive of these races and my marathon obsession……I have an amazing husband!

Dave at the Public Market


The Seagulls…I thought they were hilarious.

Dave and I on the rooftop of our hotel.

All done:)

Go Seahawks!!

Categories: regular | Leave a comment

Post navigation

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at

%d bloggers like this: